I told you a few posts ago that my next post would contain a smoothie recipe. I forgot about that, in my excitement about getting healthy, but remembered it now. So here it is, the recipe for a smoothie I drink ever so often:
- 3 deciliter of frozen, mixed berries (I use a mix of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- 1 banana
- 0,5 deciliter light yogurt (I use the non-flavoured one)
- 1-2 deciliters of cold water (depending on how thick you want it)
- A blender that can handle frozen berries
- Start by putting everything in the blender. If you’re not sure of which consistency you want, start with the lower amount of water, you can always add in more after.
- Blend for about 45 seconds, if the berries won’t mix try to pulsate the blending a bit.
- Add more water if too thick.
I have even made it even easier for me, since that is my philosophy. Instead of having to bring out three bags of berries and peel a banana and mix in, I have pre-packaged a mixture of all the berries and the banana, cut up in pieces, in bags and boxes that are portion-sized, and put in the freezer. That way, I just need to take one portion out of the freezer, put in the blender and add liquids. Easy peasy!